Thursday 19 July 2012

One・Two・Three/ The Matenrou Show Review


I know Aika graduated a while ago (Although sometimes I forget that Morning Musume is not the group it once was back in 2007), I just want to say that I hope she does something soon. Like a stage play or something else *cough* solo single *cough*. Oh and btw I’ve already done a few Aika appreciation posts before and I think that is enough which is why I didn't blog at the announcement of her graduation as someone asked me XD. I am still a forever Aika fan!


I have received my copies of ‘One Two Three!’ by the gorgeous Morning Musume And ‘Pera Pera Perao’ by AKB48’s best sub group ‘Not Yet’.  I have listened to all the B-sides but not for about 2 weeks. I only feel like blogging about 'One Two Three' atm.

One Two Three

I love the dance shot because Ayumi ROCKS the dance. Queen of the Juukies!

The MV is meh. Too many sparkles and it just looks kind of cheapish If I’m honest. It’s not showing something that we haven’t seen before.

In terms of the song I actually love it. It’s infectious. I think the Reina-Riho lead works well and the Sayu/Mizuki parts make everything really nice, not to mention that Eripon gets a ‘Ru’ line which literally made me jump up when I heard it was her.

Ignoring all these, the best parts are the incredibly sexy and super cool Reina whisper parts in the middle. This is why people should stop complaining about who leads. THEY LEAD BECAUSE THEY’RE AWESOME. Can you imagine where Morning Musume would be without strong leads such as Nacchi, Miki, Ai, Risa, Reina, Eri and Riho? No you can't. There would be no Momusu for Momusu would not be popular. 

Riho is not the best person to sing the ‘Woahhhhhs!’ bits but hopefully she will improve. (Hehe, Ri-hope).

This is a good song and there are some amazing bits. (Side note: Aika, and Gaki I suppose, would have looked AMAZING in these outfits. ><

The Matenrou Show

I LOVE THIS SONG.
 It sounds a lot like ‘Kono Chikyuu’, especially the middle parts where Reina sings her solo ‘Aaa, Ai ni oboretai…’ It’s just like when Aichan sang ‘Saa yuke mirai wa…’ in Kono chikyuu. It gives you the shivers. Honestly, I like this song far more than Kono Chikyuu. There’s something about it that makes me happy and …makes me want to dance! If Aichan had been in it I think it would have been perfect.

It’s true that no one gets solos but Reina and Riho (Sayu gets some double lines) but all of the group lines are really nicely put together and genuinely just…pretty sounding. Riho sounded better here than she did in ‘One Two Three’. Reina sounded pretty much as flawless as always. I can’t wait for her rock band! This is the kind of music that I love. Will we get an MV? Please lord.

Watashi no Jidai

Again, I’m sorry if I annoy you by saying this, but Reina’s voice has never sounded better as Tsunku mentioned earlier this year if I’m right.  She can’t graduate yet. Neither can Sayu.

The intro sounds really Mario cart-ish, or actually the whole instrumental.  When I listened to it a few weeks back I thought it sounded like a boring Anime song but I’ve changed my mind. It’s totally cute and I’ll make sure to come back and listen to it ^^

There’s not much else to say except that you can really hear the girls’ charm in this song somehow. You can feel their character =D

Aisaretai no ni

The first thing that I noticed was…Kanon opening line! I like it!

The whispers are really nice too! Perhaps I didn’t listen as thoroughly as I thought I did Haha. I don’t remember this at all ^^’ I don’t understand how it sounds like ‘Ooki hitomi’ though. It sounds like a mixture of many of the recent B-sides. I can tell this is a melody that I might forget easily, but then again might find myself humming while walking down the road.
The part in the middle with the instrumental sounds really familiar, maybe like ‘Namida Iro’ or something.  I’m not sure at the moment.

(Side note:  Eripon sounded so nice \o/)

Seishun Domanaka!

As soon as the song started I got the image of little ducks walking through a wood with umbrellas XD 
It’s a cute song as it would be since they are the kouhais of the group (Edit: not for long.  Shit I forgot about the 11ki audition. We need news of that).

 I’m glad I can differentiate the 10ki’s voices well now. I think it comes easily when you know their speaking voices which is why I tried hard and watched all of the ‘One Two Three’ TV performances and promotional events that were available. They speak a lot now.

~Thanks! Mayachan ~  

2 comments:

  1. Nice review!

    I totally agree with you about the leads, I don't understand people who complain about it. Although I would always like more Sayu...

    I have yet to listen to the jyuukies' song, but " little ducks walking through a wood with umbrellas"... LOL now I want to! XD

    I wish I could recognise the jyuukies' voices too. I even struggle with the kyuukies. ><

    ReplyDelete
  2. This 50th single was great but the only songs that I replay over and over again are One Two Three and Aisaretai no ni. The 9th gen is easily the best one out of all the gen songs and I hope it gets a dance so I can learn it.

    Maybe you should post more for more views. That's what I do on NyNyOnline :)

    ReplyDelete